Monday, February 1, 2010

Krista Bixler- Business Owner and Working Mom


Balancing my life between being a working mother and raising my family is the hardest thing I’ve ever tried to tackle…emotionally and physically. I wonder if you ever completely decide which is best for you? One week I love being a business owner and actually having goals to reach for and the next week I’m daydreaming about being that stay at home mom that dedicates her entire day to her family’s health and well-being. It doesn’t help that I’m an emotional rollercoaster right now, being 5 months pregnant with our second child and wondering how in the world I’ll ever fit it all in. My 3 year-old is so excited about becoming a big sister but also needs more attention these days to cope with the idea of a new member being added to our family. I have found it very difficult with this pregnancy to find any extra down time and I’m wondering if there will ever be such a thing again! I have always been one to put a lot on my plate and then laugh at myself later and wonder “what were you thinking?” Somehow, I always pull through and vow never to take on too much again. And then the very next day I do it again. Is this a woman thing…or a mom thing…or a personality flaw?? Do I secretly enjoy the chaos or am I just a people pleaser who doesn’t know how to say no? My goal in this life on earth is to figure out why I do the things I do and what path I should be on. Have you ever wondered what your purpose in life really is? I am on a constant journey to find mine and feel that I’m one step closer with each day that passes. So, about being a pregnant, working mother….. I started a business roughly 2 years ago and was fortunate enough to join forces with two very powerful women this last year. We are all mothers and have had quite a journey together. We have laughed together, cried together, completed milestones together and truly found a bond with one another. No matter how different we are, we are all dealing with the same thoughts of being business women who want to make a difference, but trying desperately to find a healthy balance between work and family. We’re at a crucial point in our business where we are introducing new products and ideas and we’ve also decided to share who we are with the rest of the world…which means photo shoots!! Yikes! If photo shoots aren’t hard enough, try adding some extra weight and a bunch of clothes that don’t fit and it becomes a very scary adventure. Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely love being pregnant and know that I am truly blessed; it’s just so hard to let go and embrace the crazy changes that pregnancy will take your body through. Isn’t big supposed to be beautiful?? Why can’t we see that? In our business, we primarily work with women and we are just astonished at the way most women feel about themselves. We’ve yet to find a woman that is truly happy with the way she looks and feels. Why is that?? Why are we so hard on ourselves? Back in the day, a bigger woman was more desirable than a smaller woman and why does size matter anyway? We were all made to be perfect individuals…no two people alike. Will we ever get back to thinking like that? So, as I say I’m trying to find my purpose, I feel a pull towards helping women feel beautiful again…just the way they are, naturally. That’s where I’ll head for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment