Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Maximing your Client Base

Maximizing your Client Base

The biggest obstacle I found to getting started is this business is that almost everyone knows someone with a spray tan horror story; too orange, dark palms, horrible smell, etc. . .. How can you overcome such a negative expectation?
The key is create a positive expectation in your circle of influence. I choose a few key people in my facebook network that I knew were influential to many people. Then I chose a few locations to do sprays and set up times and days with them. Then I went to work. I sprayed those influential people for free at my home, they were friends after all, and I sprayed the owners and workers of my locations at no charge. . . and they LOVED it!
The entire time I sprayed I talked about the virtues of a person tanning you over a machine and how far superior Golden Sol products were to anything else on the market. I commented on their lack of orange color and how wonderful the smell was. I talked about the story of Golden Sol, how I got into the business and how excited I am about this product. I told them how this can save you from skin cancer and give you real options for tanning. Then I sent them on their way.
Within hours my facebook page was lit up with thank you for their beautiful tans. I didnt ask them to post it but I knew they were facebook devotees and they were grateful for the free tan so I suspected they would. With each post came questions from other friends and calls for appointments! The grateful staff at my locations were also talking. They loved their tan and wanted to help me since I had tanned them at no charge. Those places started booking too!
Now here is the important part. With each tan I booked from here on out I had the client fill out a release form with thier name, email, and phone number on it. Not only did this give me protection from personal liability but also great info on my client. Each day I email the tans from the day before and check on how they are doing. Clients love that you care! When they write back a great note about how much they love it I post it on Facebook! More questions, more bookings.
Once a week I email everyone that has not been tanned for two weeks. . . more bookings! Within one month I have one hundred clients and tan between 5 -19 people a week.
One note: Be careful of discounts. Before I had the plan I implemented above worked out I offered deep discounts in order to get people to try it. Those who paid those low prices did not value the service and were not raving fans like my higher paying clients, also now they do not want to pay the higher price, which is necessary to make the business viable, so I have lost them as clients. Free or full price really is the way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment