Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Spring Maternity Fashion Trends



I am more ready for spring than I have ever been, partially because that brings me closer to my due date and partially because I am looking forward to less clothing! With my first pregnancy, I was due in late January, which means I was at my biggest point during the winter months. With this pregnancy, I’m just the opposite, due in June and looking so forward to wearing all of those cute spring maternity clothes. My big dilemma now is that I have nothing to wear!
I have been doing some looking around and I’m so excited about some of the trends this year and terrified of just a few. I don’t know about any of the other pregnant women out there, but the thought of “short shorts” being in, yes even in maternity, is not going to happen. I have things showing up on my legs that I didn’t know were there. I am holding on tight to the hope that things will just go right back to normal once this baby is here. But in the meantime, I don’t want to scare anyone with the road maps and bumps! I’ve also seen some info on “jumpsuits” being in this year for maternity wear. What????? The number of times I have to frequent the restroom is reason enough to avoid this one, not to mention that jumpsuits do NOTHING for a growing mid section.


What I am looking forward to in this year’s trends are the colors, mainly pastels and sugar candy shades, i.e. pink, lavender, yellow. Lucky for me I have unlimited access to all natural spray tanning…which pairs up really well with these colors! I am also really excited about the light and flirty materials this year, silk and satin with lots of frills and ruffles. Floor length dresses are also back this year, yeah! I have already purchased a few and with this winter drawing out, I’ve had to try them on several times to make sure they’ll still work. Hurry spring, hurry!! I am so over the stretchy work out pants and sweatshirts…especially because I am a working mom that needs to look presentable. I have one or two “staple” outfits that have worked for my important days, but even those are getting a little shorter and tighter…yikes! Here in Georgia we got just a glimpse of what spring is going to be like, if it would ever get here. We had a beautiful 70 degree day and there I was trying on my sundresses again, just hoping it was here to stay this time. Unfortunately I woke up to 40 degrees again today and realized those cute and flowy outfits may sit on the shelf a few more weeks. I’m also noticing that fitted is definitely in this spring, fitted and fun tees, fitted busy fabrics, off the shoulder fitted shimmery shirts. Lots of fun stuff and many ways to show off that baby bump.
So come on spring…I’m ready and my tight winter wardrobe is ready for a break.

Krista Bixler- President of Golden Sol www.goldensoltan.com

No comments:

Post a Comment